Saturday, January 20, 2018

Chelsea Gardens Blog Hop



Hi there!  You should have arrived here from Amy Ulem's blog. Welcome to our Chelsea Gardens Blog Hop. We are a small group of Close To My Heart consultants that love to share our creations with you each month. This month we are focusing on our beautiful Chelsea Gardens collection. In this sweet collection you will find 12" x 12" scrapbooking papers, coordinating 12" x 12" card stock, five yards of cream ribbon, Dots & Gems bling, Complements, a Sending Hugs card making kit, a calendar stamp set, a Floral Tag stamp, a scrapbooking stamp set, a cardmaking stamp set with coordinating Thin Cuts dies, and then an optional card making project and a Picture My Life layout using our Memory Protectors. Whew!


For my project I chose to make a pretty card. Not sure about you, but I am always needing cards to send out. This card is easy and quick to replicate and you can simply stamp any verse in the inside when the occasion arises. I started off with one of our A2 card bases and a base layer from the Chelsea Gardens paper collection. All of the stamps I used are from our Chelsea Gardens Cardmaking Stamp Set. On the base layer I used one of our two foliage stamps, Toffee ink, and I made my own designer paper by randomly stamping the image all over the paper. From there I cut a small piece of our White Daisy card stock and stamped the butterfly twice, once on a small layer and again on a smaller scrap. Using our Watercolor Pencils and alcohol inside my small waterbrush I  colored and blended the butterfly. When the area was dry I used our clear Shimmer Brush over the image, and used the coordinating die. I then layered one butterfly over the other image, stamped my sentiment, and added a bow. I used our foam tape and adhered it off sides to the card base and then added three of our Gold Glitter Gems on the card front. I am ready to make a dozen or so of this sweet card to have on hand when needed later on.



I think I am the caboose for this blog hop. You will now be directed back to the start of the blog hop and check out what Carol Loftus has made today. I hope you have enjoyed our blog hop this month and thank you for stopping by. As mentioned, I am a Close To My Heart consultant. If you do not already have a personal consultant, I would be honored to help you.

Happy Stampin! ....Cheryl



9 comments:

Haley D. said...

Very pretty! I love how you made the butterfly "fly" off the card.

Carol Loftus said...

I love this card!!!!!!! Thanks for participating.

Studio Scrapping with Amy Ulen said...

Your card is beautiful. I like your paper choice.

Shirley Ross, rockin' heARTist said...

Very pretty and love the butterfly 'flying' off the card.

Julie said...

Cute card! Loved how you staged the photograph!

Gerri said...

So beautiful!

Kathleen said...

This is such a beautiful card! I'm glad I finally am getting time to see everyone's posts!

Kathleen said...

I love your 3D butterfly idea! Your card is absolutely gorgeous!!

PurdueGlobalKid said...

Very pretty and enjoying your page. Bog hop looks fun.

Catalog Delivery Schedule

"As a measure to help minimize the effects of the ongoing supply chain difficulties, CTMH will be transitioning back to a three-month c...