Monday, February 10, 2014

Madison's Valentine Card Box

My daughter brought over a shoe box this weekend and asked that I make my five year old Grand, Madison a Valentine Card Box for her party at school this Friday. Actually she brought over two. One was for Madison's best friend George. It has been years since I have had to make one of these, but if it involves paper, inks, and glue and I am all over it! Here is the first box I made. I am just now starting on George's. This was a lot of fun to make. I am sooo thankful and blessed to live close to my family once again. Enjoy!



I started off with a cut flowered shoe box. It was so cute already, I hate to cover it up


Added a few layers of border cut dies


Added a layer inside the box to make it all pretty for when the box was opened. Added a heart punch for the nose. I covered a foam heart with paper, cut it in half and used it for the wings with a little bling to the wings, Not sure if an owl has blue eyes or not. but this ones does. 


I totally messed up on the eye lashes. I had the box turned around for me to get to the eyes easier and never thought about the direction of the lashes and it was too late to go back and repair. Too many layers on top of the thin red wrapping paper. I would have had to totally start from scratch on the front of the box. Maybe these five and six year olds will never notice!


Added a bow and her name with some glitter alphabets and her box is finished.




Now onto box #2!! 

Happy Scrappin...........Cheryl

No comments:

Catalog Delivery Schedule

"As a measure to help minimize the effects of the ongoing supply chain difficulties, CTMH will be transitioning back to a three-month c...