Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Echo Park "Merry Christmas" Cracker Treat Box


I am taking a break from making Christmas cards and thought I would work on some gifts for my Grands to give to their classmates and teachers. My youngest Grand has twenty-two students in her class and then her teachers. My oldest is somewhat easier. They no longer have school parties! Yippee! I will only have to make something for her teachers, teacher's aids, and close friends.

Today I am going back to one of my favorite Christmas collections. It is "Merry Christmas" from Echo Park. I just LOVE these papers and bought the complete collection during the summer and then was lucky enough to receive a kit from Flamingo Scraps this fall for our winter projects. This is one paper collection that I will never tire of. Beautiful patterns and my favorite green, red, and brown colors for Christmas. For my project I decided to make a cracker treat box. These are so cute and can hold a lot of candy for the little ones or for us big kids maybe a nice piece of jewerly!

To start off I cut a piece of designer paper 6.50" x 10".  On the 6.50" width score the paper at 1", 2", 3", 4", 5", and 6". Turn the paper horizonally and score at 1.50", 2", and 2.50" from each end of the paper. Fold and burnish well on all score lines. Starting with the 10" width, Fold on the first scored line and then line up your "We Are Memory Keepers Envelope Punch Board" on the 2" mark and punch.


Continue all the way down on each score line by folding and then punching at the 2" mark. When finished flip the paper over and repeat on the other side. Your paper should look like this.


Now mountain fold the area where you used the punch board. On the "right" side edge of your paper apply an adhesive along the 1/2" line.


Adhere the opposite 10" edge to this and burnish well.


Push one end of your cracker toward the center and tie using a 20" piece of ribbon.


Cut two 1.75" circles. I used a plain white cardstock. Take one of these and insert it into the short, tied end. This will help support both ends of the cracker.


Fill it with treats of your choice and then push the other end to the center and again tie it with ribbon and then insert your 1.75" circle. Other than your choice of decorating, your cracker treat box is complete! On one of mine I used two of the trees from the Fancy Pants Tiny Bottlebrush Traditional Trees collection. These would be fantastic used in a 3D shadow box too. 


These are just adorable when completed and I think the kids will be tickled receiving theirs. I hope you enjoyed my project for today. Here are the other two I made. On one of these I changed it to a rectangle shaped box. 




Here are a few pictures of the finished boxes.



I also discovered a nice YouTube video showing how to make one similar to mine. It is actually smaller in size and the perfect size for using a 6" x 6" paper pad. Here is the link if you are interested. Please check her video out, leave a thumbs up, and subscribe.

Thank you for stopping by my blog today. I would also love for you to check out the Flamingo Scraps Blog. Don't forget you can "like" their Facebook page here, and find everything I used today on their online store here. Also, for a short time these boards are also currently on sale at Flamingo Scraps for only $14.99!!!!!

Happy Scrappin............Cheryl




No comments:

Catalog Delivery Schedule

"As a measure to help minimize the effects of the ongoing supply chain difficulties, CTMH will be transitioning back to a three-month c...