Friday, January 25, 2013

Less Is More

"Less is More" is what my good friend Kathy always says, and slowly I am getting to be a believer. There are many yardsale groups on Facebook and Kathy's Alabama based selling group is called Scappers Swap Shop. I have always had a love affair for all scrapbooking, stamps, and card making items, but as I have gotten older, I have become impatient with the distraction of stuff everywhere. The multiple piles all around my feet from my many ongoing projects. My desk, bookshelves, drawers, and cabinets are overflowing with yummy scrappin stuff. Most of the mess is because I have never learned how to put anything back when I am done with it. LOL But, the time has come for a major change. I don't know how many pieces of paper I own, but I spent all day today pulling, coordinating, taking pics, and then posting papers for sale. Initially I was taking pictures of both the front and backs of the papers, but after a few hours, it didn't take long to figure out that I would be here much longer by doing that. Even working for almost ten hours in here today, I only made a small dent in my paper collection. One thing that was very surprising to me, was being able to let it go. I have been a hoarder of paper for many years. Honestly once I got started, it didn't hurt that bad at all. I have plans of working on it a little each day until no more piles and no need for several bookcases and cabinets in my overcrowded craft room. In the end I am hoping to reward myself with one of the nice, uncluttered, spacious bookshelves and desks from Ikea. We have a store not too far from us in Fort Worth. This would make a great Mother's Day gift!


This is what ten hours of long, tiring work will do for you. I sure could use a nice neck massage!

No comments:

Catalog Delivery Schedule

"As a measure to help minimize the effects of the ongoing supply chain difficulties, CTMH will be transitioning back to a three-month c...