Monday, August 23, 2010

Beautiful Butterflies

A week or so ago we had tons of nasty caterpillars on our back porch crawling everywhere. Some even managed to come into our house. Needless to say, no barefeet in the kitchen in the middle of the night! One of our neighbors mentioned there were dozens and dozens of them all out on the street one morning. Never had this to happen before. Kind of creepy! Anyway, my husband told me to kill them before they got to his garden and ate what the rabbits missed. But I just couldn't kill any of them. The few that made it into my house, I carefully picked them up, and dropped them in the grass out back. Well, a few days later I noticed dozens of large butterflies in our flower beds. I have never seen so many beautiful butterflies at one time. You know me, my camera is always close to my side, so here are some pictures of these pretty creatures. So glad I didn't have the heart to squish them in their earlier form!


No comments:

Catalog Delivery Schedule

"As a measure to help minimize the effects of the ongoing supply chain difficulties, CTMH will be transitioning back to a three-month c...