Friday, April 24, 2015

Maryland to Texas

I have a sweet friend Pat that lives in Maryland. We met on Facebook and quickly became great friends. A few months back she emailed me saying she was coming to Fort Worth for a Team Meeting with some mutual Stampin Up Demonstrators. Well, she cannot come to Fort Worth without meeting me!! So we made plans and counted the days down.

I live and breath making cards, but lately I have been on a kick making these cute handmade gift bags. I had already made her a pretty floral one all set to go with a cute friends tag on it. Well, the morning of our getting together, I looked at the friend stamp and wished I had a cute Texas stamp to use instead. Then I remembered Close To My Heart had given an adorable stamp set to everyone that attended the Texas Convention three or four years ago and I had one sitting in a drawer! From there I got thinking about using some kind of map instead of a floral paper. So I searched thru my travel 12" x 12" papers and found a piece of paper from a Little Yellow Bicycle "Pack Your Bags" collection that had a map of the USA on it. I lucked up and had two pieces of it!!! Within an hour or so I remade her bag and was hoping she preferred this one over the floral print. We had a fantastic time talking and laughing in her hotel room. I actually hated to leave for dinner a few hours later, as I knew I would be going back home afterwards.

Here is the stamp set I used and the bag I made......Don't you just love this stamp set!!! One of the pics is blurry....darn it! But I did not have time to retake my pics prior to my leaving for us to meet. Enjoy!

Happy Scrapping..........Cheryl


Using the long star stamp and red ink, I stamped over the Baltimore to
Fort Worth area that was her route flying. The stamp was
the perfect length for this!


I picked up this cute ribbon from The Little Blue House
which is a local scrapbook store here in Keller. It matched great


This is the back of the bag. Don't you LOVE the cowboy boots!!


Sorry....this is blurry :(


A full shot of the front of the bag....love it! I was excited 
to give it to her. I stopped at Hobby Lobby and 
bought a few Texas souvenirs and candy to put inside it


A close up of the front die cut and stamps used. I need to find 
more of this paper. I want to make another one! 



6 comments:

Carolyn said...

Cheryl...this is sooooooo cute!!!! I love it!! You are so creative. Wish I was going to be in TX for your class this weekend!!!

Nurse Sharan said...

Cheryl you know I have to have this stamp set

Cheryl Arbo said...

Sharan. I can find you one if you are interested. I will ask around, XO

Cheryl Arbo said...

Thank you Carolyn. You could be.....just an hours flight from Birmingham. Would we not have a blast! Hugs!

Unknown said...

What an adorable bag and idea!

Cheryl Arbo said...

Thank you Dedra. It was fun to make too. Were you lucky enough to pick up this stamp set when our Convention was in Dallas? I just love it. It is one of those stamp sets you keep, even tho it has retired!

Catalog Delivery Schedule

"As a measure to help minimize the effects of the ongoing supply chain difficulties, CTMH will be transitioning back to a three-month c...