Friday, October 25, 2013

Flamingo 4


Hey guys...this is Cheryl. Today on the Flamingo Scraps Designer Team, there are four of us all working hard using the same scrappin goodies and doing our own thing making something pretty! We were given a generous supply of Prima "Rondelle" Designer Paper, a Prima Banner Clip, two Prima flowers, and a small manilla tag to create our project. At first I debated on making a card, but having all of these nice papers, I wanted to do something where I could show several of these pretty papers on the same project. So, I decided to make a A2 size card portfolio.

I started off with a piece of black 12" x 12" cardstock from my stash, trimmed it down to 8.50" x 11".  I scored it 5.25" and 5.75" on the 11" width and 6" and 6.25" on the 8.50" width. I trimmed away the 1/2" middle section from the bottom short end up to the top score line.



Using an assortment of patterns from the Prima Rondelle collection, I cut two at 5" x 5.75", two at 2" x 5", and one at 1/4" x 5.75". After inking all of the edges, adhesive was applied to the back of each piece and adherred to the front cover and inside flaps.


Turning it over I marked a 2.25" line above the top score line along the 11" width. From there I added scor-tape along this drawn line and then after folding a 30" piece of ribbon in half to find the center, I laid the center of a ribbon from my stash on the 1/2" area and attached it to the front cover of the portfolio.



At this point I creased my score lines and from the inside I brought both flaps foward and secured the outside edges with a tiny brad as a clousure.


I covered the tag with another paper piece of the paper, and then cut two additional tags out from the collection, along with two other papers for two additonal mats on the cover, and then tied some ribbon from the Seam Binding Sampler on the tags and used the Prima flowers to embellish the cover and I was done.
 




This was a fun project to make and a great gift idea to hold four handmade cards, which I will do on another project.  Here is my completed card portfolio. This was a lot of fun and hopefully I have inspired you to make one for your handmade cards.

 
As always I appreciate you visiting and subscribing to my blog. I would love for you to also "like" and subscribe to Flamingo Scraps on Facebook here and if you would care to do a little shopping in their online store, you can click here. While there check out all of the latest products from Pink Paislee, Heidi Swapp, Fancy Pants, and Basic Grey.....just to tease you with a few!!
 
Happy scrappin!.......Cheryl
 
 
 


No comments:

Catalog Delivery Schedule

"As a measure to help minimize the effects of the ongoing supply chain difficulties, CTMH will be transitioning back to a three-month c...