Monday, September 16, 2013

Smash Book for Alex

My oldest Grandbaby will be thirteen this week and we are having her birthday party on Saturday.  She is sooooo excited about finally being a teenager! When I received my monthly kit from Flamingo Scraps I was tickled to see the Heidi Swapp Memory Files, coordinating pockets and banners included. With smash books being so popular right now, I knew I wanted to make some type of fun memory book for Alex.

I started off with the largest folder file and cut it in two and then into four 5.5" x 7.5" pieces.
 
 
 
I took some bright cardstock and loose leaf paper and cut them all into 5.25" x 7.25" pieces
 
 
Using the smallest folder I punched two holes along both ends of the folder. Using this as a template, I proceded to punch a hole in all of the papers and inserted two ring binders to hold the book together.
 

 
From there I used the Heidi Swapp four pocket pouches, lined them with Cosmo Cricket Glitter Sheets, inserted a couple of the Maya Road Kraft Library Cards, and attached them to each of the four cut down folders
 

 

 
On the cover I used two ribbons from our monthly kit. One was attached along the top edge of the banner and the other just above the banner and I secured everything with staples on both ends.
 
 
I then added some randum rub-ons to say "7th Grade" along the tabbed edge,
 
 
some FancyPants Cork Arrows. and some pink chip board alphabets to add her name to the cover.

 
In the end I was happy with this project. I think Alex will just love it. She loves to scrapbook too and I can imagine she will be in my scraproom personalizing this book after her party.
 

 
If you would like to follow the Flamingo Scraps Facebook page, please click here, if you would like to follow their blog, please click here, and if you would like to purchase any of the supplies I used for this book, please go to their online store here
 
Enjoy and "Happy Scrappin"
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Catalog Delivery Schedule

"As a measure to help minimize the effects of the ongoing supply chain difficulties, CTMH will be transitioning back to a three-month c...