Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Getting closer to going home!

Mom is slowly, but surely getting better every day. Sunday she was elevated to a moderate soft diet! I will have to ask again what her first meal was, but her second lunch was puried beef roast and gravy, mashed potatoes, puried peas, and applesauce. Today for breakfast she had Cream of Wheat and scrambled eggs. For lunch she had spaghetti and meatballs! I get excited with every increased step of her meal plan. When I talked with her EENT, she mentioned Mom will have to be on a regular diet for a twenty-four hour duration before they even consider letting her go home. Of course she still has a residual cold and slightly elevated heart rate. They are still tweaking her heartrate with medications. We want that to be totally in a normal range before she is discharged. Mom will be on pins and needles if it is not regulated. She'll upset herself unneccessarly if she is not comfortable with her home care. I am flying to Tampa tomorrow for a week. I can't wait to see Mom and have this special time with her. We have had two nasty scares since August. Her emergency double bi-pass surgery and now dealing with her stroke. I have always called my Mom a tough old bird and she has proved me right again! I am so thankful for every day I am given with my Mom and praying for many more years to come!

No comments:

Catalog Delivery Schedule

"As a measure to help minimize the effects of the ongoing supply chain difficulties, CTMH will be transitioning back to a three-month c...